Wednesday, December 2, 2009


















The assignment: Vulnerability - take a picture of something that makes you feel vulnerable or shows a little of your soul. I am a true believer that angels walk among us - my Dad is no longer here with us and yet he is. I have talked with him and there have been smells that remind me of him. All of these photos (I took them earlier - so this is slightly cheating), remind me of my Dad. He was (and I am sure, still is) a farmer. The one thing that I have a hard time with is that I want to pick the times when he "talks with me." I do know that when I really "need" my angel, he is there.

4 comments:

  1. Im so happy you completed the assignment. The images are terrific and the memories of your father even more impressive. He is lucky to have a wonderful daughter to watch over and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Steve! :-)

    Very nice series of images. I especially love the one with the silos...I keep going back to that one!

    Beautiful writing as well, and I can certainly empathize with you. I miss my own dad very much. Yesterday would have been his birthday, and your writing really struck a chord with me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In your previous post about where you grew up ..you had there spoken about an enduring world; your father's farm..I think about the Beatles song "Let it Be".".When I find myself in times of troubles ..Mother Mary comes to me...".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice essay. The sentiments and photos compliment each other and become more meaningful because of each other. Good thinking about the assignment.

    ReplyDelete