Sunday, August 30, 2009











Today I really wanted to go find some sailboats to photograph
(I love sailing, but haven't been in years).
That was my plan, however the responsible homeowner in me decided to take advantage of the sunshine and cooler temps and wash windows (what was I thinking?).
These birds were flying all over my yard (I am terrified of birds - but I did grab the camera -
not great pictures - maybe 2 points for facing my fear).
My new goal has been to try and not miss a photo opportunity (I have missed many)
and I hope by staying home that I did not.
Maybe another day I will find those sailboats
(I am not even sure where to go - but I certainly will look).
























6 comments:

  1. at least 10 points for facing your fear!!! Nice job today. Does your fear of birds have anything to do with that Alfred Hitchcock movie? That was creepy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, good for you!!! Sailboats would have been nice, but you were "working in the moment" and you did something that took you out of your comfort zone. A good lesson for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...No wonder you are terrified of these winged creatures that can swoop down and peck blood from your flesh...Yikes...looks like a swarm that would block out the sun and deafen an individual running for cover as their cries ring loudly through the valley. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very proud of you...that took a lot of courage!!!

    I really love the 2nd photo....the shadows on the road of all those birds are very cool!!! Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job but seriously next time go find those sailboats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like birds but a flock that size ,coming up, gives me thoughts on Nature's depth and continuity..Is it time to get ready for Migration? Do birds still Migrate?

    ReplyDelete