Wednesday, June 10, 2009




















Today's assignment: "Broken, But Beautiful". Today, I feel a little "broken" myself, however I do not fit the beautiful part. Maybe broken is the wrong word - more like forgotten or unappreciated, but I can relate!
When I saw this beautiful flower, I knew I had the perfect answer for the assignment. It is perfect except for the broken stem, so I might look past it (forgotten it or not appreciated what it could be) if I were picking flowers for a bouquet. The first 2 shots are a beautiful flower and the third is still a beautiful flower, but with a broken stem. Broken, yes; Beautiful, definitely!
I think that I will go bring it inside to float in a bowl and enjoy not only its beauty, but its aroma.






















4 comments:

  1. Great post for the assignment. Beautiful flower, great shots and great concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with this assignment. We all feel broken (that is one of the reasons I wanted to do this assignment). But what is beautiful about us is our choice to continue, to battle on and hopefully change our lives and the lives of those around us. I love the broken stemmed flower...it's so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers! I love how you have captured the light coming through. Great idea for the assignment, too. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful.
    i hope the broken feeling is less and the beautiful feeling more:)

    ReplyDelete